E-M:/ URGENT ACTION: Senate Interior Approps. may finally come to a vote today!

Enviro-Mich message from "Liz Godfrey" <lizgodfrey@prodigy.net>

URGENT ACTION NEEDED!!

It looks like the Senate is finally going to vote on the Interior
Approrpriations bill.  We need to barrage Senators Carl Levin and Spencer
Abraham with phone calls urging them to vote NO on the entire bill.  There
are
still a baker's dozen anti-environmental riders attached to this bill that
attack many facets of our nation's critical environmental laws.  These
attacks include exemptions for fair payment for oil garnered from public
lands, denial of funding for the reintroduction of grizzly bears,
reauthorization of grazing permits without the requirement of critical
species surveys, and many more.  We need to be able to show strong
opposition to these riders to show Clinton that he needs to threaten a veto
(as he has promised to do in the past to any legislation that includes
anti-environmental riders.)

Levin and Abraham need to hear from the citizens of Michigan.  They
need to step up and stand strong against these attacks.  Ask them to vote NO
on the Senate Interior Appropriations bill.  The Capitol Switchboard number
is 1-202-224-3121.

Please contact me if you need any more information.  Thanks for your help!!

Liz Godfrey
Midwest Federal Organizer
GREEN-the GrassRoots Environmental Effectiveness Network
(608) 294-1338
www.defenders.org/grnhome.html
www.stopextinction.org
"The extinction of species is the folly our descendants are least likely to
forgive us."
--E.O. Wilson