Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:20:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: robin k saha <compgeek@umich.edu>
To: ej@umich.edu
Subject: [Fwd: Congress Attacks EJ] (fwd)

Forgive repeat posting, but this rider is something that could eliminate
one of affected communities' only legal avenues to seek justice.  In fact
there are at least 4 cases in Michigan where neighborhood groups have
filed Title VI complaints with EPA.  The 2 Flint cases, in particular,
have helped galvanize the Michigan EJ Coalition and brought national
attention to the issues.  There are other reasons why Title VI protections
need to be strengthened not eliminated.

Although I don't think I'll be able to attend the EJG mtg today, I'd like
to encourage the group to discuss this or other appropriate political
campaigns that might supplement the EJ Group's outstanding educational
activities -- maybe coordinating with the efforts of the Michigan
Environmental Justice Coalition, which is having a meeting Tuesday, Oct.
12th (ask me for info).

Best Wishes For Justice for All,
Robin