E-M:/ Article on I-73 in Toledo Blade newspaper 9/23/99

Enviro-Mich message from Terry Lodge <tjlodge50@yahoo.com>

   There is an article in the 9/23/99 Toledo Blade
newspaper about the proposed I-73 and its potential
impacts on southern Michigan, especially Monroe
County:

http://www.toledoblade.com/editorial/news/9i23int.htm

   Predictably, MichDOT is saying the road is at least
10 years away. What they leave out, also predictably,
is the timetable for selection under the National
Environmental Policy Act of the "preferred
alternative," which may be only 2 or 3 years away.

   I have saved the article in hard copy and as a text
document for those of you who cannot pull it off the
web.