E-M:/ Plutonium

Enviro-Mich message from "Bonnie Shupe" <BONNIES@cannontwp.org>

I was at a meeting today for Michigan Townships Association and the issue of the plutonium trip through Michigan was brought up.  I don't remember seeing anything on enviro-mich on this issue before.  Apparently, Canada is buying plutonium from Russia and they're transporting it across the US from New Mexico rather than across Canada.  It will go through Michigan and across the Mackinac Bridge.  We were told to contact our US Senators about HR1655 which will at least allow the public to have a hearing about the issue.
Anyway, these are the only facts I have and they might not be totally accurate.  I was just wondering if anyone knows more and has some concerns.  I'm sorry if this was brought up before and I just missed it.
Bonnie Shupe