E-M:/ Town Hall Meeting on Protecting our National Forests in TraverseCity

Enviro-Mich message from Frank Ambrose <fambrose@bloomington.in.us>

Town Hall Meeting on Protecting our National Forests in Traverse City

Please foward the message and come to the meeting!

September 29, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm at the Unitarian Universalist Church

The Town Hall meeting will consist of presentations by representatives of
the religious, labor, naturalist, and environmentalist communities on why
they believe the remaining roadless areas in our publicly owned national
forests should be immediately protected from all destructive commercial
activity.

There will be discussion of local threats to our National Forests amongst
the panelists and the audience. Specific timber sales in the Ottawa,
Hiawatha and Huron-Manistee, as well as oil and gass exploration in the
Huron-Manistee will be discussed as well as ideas will be shared as to how
to prevent these activities from being carried forth.

There will be an opportunity to act immediately and plug into ongoing
activities to help protect these areas from their immediate fate..

Sponsors:
Northern Michigan Environmental Action Coalition, Forests Forever,
Michigan Land Use Institute, For Animals, Grace Episcopal Chruch, Grand
Traverse Audubon, Neahtawanta Center, Industrial Workers of the World,
American Lands Alliance, Mackinaw Sierra Club, Michigan Ecumenical
Consultation on Christianity and the Environment, and Anti-Racist
Action-Traverse City.