E-M:/ traffic "demand management'

Enviro-Mich message from Kelly Thayer <kelly@mlui.org>

Sept. 28

Traffic "Demand Management"

Greetings Enviro-Michers:

I'm wondering if anyone could point me to state or municipal departments of
transportation that excel in managing and, perhaps, reducing demand for
automobile trips.

I want to interview agencies that could serve as models for how Michigan's
DOT could be better investing limited tax dollars in a sustainable system.

I'm certainly interested in transit examples, but also in better
engineering roads to ease congestion without necessarily widening, and in
the elements of Smart Growth that aid in mobility for all.

I'm leaning toward other state agencies because I think the comparison with
MDOT would then be that much more valid.

Thank you,
Kelly Thayer

-
Mr. Kelly Thayer