E-M:/ Use of slag on Michigan roads

Enviro-Mich message from WMEACJENNY@aol.com

my name is Jessie Watterson and I am an intern at West Michigan Environmental
action council.  Recently i have been recieving calls regarding the use of
slag in the process of resurfacing roads.  the caller is anomous and states
that the slag is a by product of of copper, zinc, and sulfides.  the caller
claims that the govener has the slag imported from Ohio and the DNR has been
told to leave the issue alone.   according to the caller the slag is damaging
our water.  if anyone has any information on slag or the by products of slag
please contact WMEAC at 616 451-3051, or post a message so that i can contact
you about the issue.
                                thanks
                                  Jessie