E-M:/ DEQ Webpage Legislative info

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

Folks:

In attempting (unsuccessfully on three computers) to download the DEQ's
environmental quality report posted yesterday, I noted that there is a
"legislative" link on the home page as well.  That leads to the following
address

 http://www.deq.state.mi.us/exec/lgstat2000.html

which is a listing of legislation of interest to the DEQ.  In addition, the
site lists those bills for which a DEQ analysis exists, and also lists the
lead division, if in the DEQ, or department, if not DEQ.

If anyone has successfully downloaded or seen the DEQ env. quality report
please post information about it (note- the link doesn't allow you to view
the document, you have to download it, and it hasn't opened in Acrobat after
being downloaded for us) -- the press release gives virtually no
information, and the glowing comments from the DEQ give no hint of content.
I am curious, for example, as to the baseline for information for
comparisons (i.e., on what basis the claims are made that the improvements
have occurred), what the sources of the info are, and, in particular, what
may not show up that should have been included.

Thanks!

Anne Woiwode