Re: E-M:/Chlorine Free Paper

At 11:10 AM 10/01/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from Murphwild1@aol.com
>
>Ask any average small woodlot owner or contractor in Michigan's UP if they
>are logging for pulp, or if it is possible to compete with Louisiana
>Pacific's insatiable, and incessant deforestation operations. (If you really
>wanna see forest destruction, check out LP's Northern Division north of
>Crystal Falls, MI.)
>
>All of our national and state forests in Michigan have been largely converted
>to aspen and pine farms.

In looking at Michigan's TRI information, it doesn't appear that Louisiana
Pacific
operates any paper and/or pulp plants in Michigan.   I don't know if they
do so
in Northern Wisconsin which would be supplied from the Ottawa National Forest.

LP does have two plants in Michigan that make oriented strand board (also known
as waferboard)....one is in Sagola, MI in Dickinson County and the other is at
Newberry MI.

and Community Environmental Protection

PO Box 39  East Lansing, MI  48826-0039
(517) 332-6971 (voice); (517) 332-8987 (fax)