Re: E-M:/Chlorine Free Paper

Enviro-Mich message from "Smethurst" <dsmeth@freeway.net>

I must challenge and ask for evidence of the statement that "most of
Michigan's forests have been largely converted to aspen and pine...."  I
regularly look at forest type maps of Otsego, Montmorency and Cheyboygan
Counties.  I know that statement not to be true in those counties.  The is a
digitized type map of the State.  Anybody have access to it?  What are the
acreage's for each of the species.  I do know that in my home area the acres
in aspen are declining.  Dave Smethurst