Re: E-M:/ Mich. Assoc. of Timbermen Ad Insert in Newspapers

Enviro-Mich message from "Tim Flynn" <tflynn@freeway.net>

Just as a follow up on Anne's post.  IF it is true that in Michigan harvest
is less than 1/2 of the forest's growth, and Michigan has 19 million acres
of forest;  then over 10 million acres of Michigan is not needed for
harvest.

So Mich Assc of Timbermen's data show, and they seem to endorse the fact,
that we can put half of Michigan's remaining forests into natural areas,
protected from harvest and in doing so we will not effect a single job in
the timber industry!

I wonder if they have any suggestions for where to designate the 10 million
acres not needed for harvest??

Tim