E-M:/ Humbug Marsh and the Detroit News

In Sunday's Detroit News an editorial on Humbug Marsh made thinkly veiled threats against the citizens of Gibraltar based on a suit by a builder in Novi.  Can any EM provide me with information on this unhappy occurance in Novi?  The court case I know of has no comprable circumstances with Gibraltar's fight to preserve this marsh and I hate being in the dark.  Enlighten me?  By the way, in the first 36 hours of our petition drive for a referendum on the zoning we have achieved 50% of the necessary signatures with over 100 people coming to my home to sign!  Although we have 30 days from the 16th we would like to complete this drive in a week.  Kathleen