FW: E-M:/ Land Conservancies in Michigan

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

At last count there were 38 nonprofit conservancies in Michigan (I say at
last count because they keep cropping up and don't always come to the
attention of those who are keeping track).

The Nature Conservancy of Michigan (2840 E. Grand River, East Lansing 48823,
517-332-1741) publishes a list of names, addresses and geographic regions of
responsibility; contact Bill McCort for a copy.

Every spring the land trusts come together in what might euphemistically be
called an annual meeting to discuss issues of mutual concern and interest.
Although the dates for the upcoming meeting have not been finalized yet,
they're typically held around the last weekend in April/first weekend in
May; the next one will be held in the greater Petoskey area (Little Traverse
Conservancy will be the host organization).

Tom Woiwode
Tom, Anne, Nate and Pete Woiwode
5088 Powell Road
Okemos, MI 48864