E-M:/ URGENT: House to debate Interior Approps. today! Call now!

Enviro-Mich message from "Liz Godfrey" <lizgodfrey@prodigy.net>

URGENT: Call your Representatives now and tell them to vote NO on the
Interior Appropriations Conference Report!

The Interior Appropriations bill riddled with riders has been reported to
the House and debate is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m. today.  We need to
wrangle up all the support we can get.  Yesterday, the Commerce
Appropriations bill was passed containing a very nasty rider which would
excempt Pacific salmon from ESA protection in Alaskan waters.  The Commerce
bill passed by ONLY 2 votes.  We need to make sure that our Representatives
hear our concerns and vote NO.  Here is the list of how the MI folks voted
on the Commerce bill yesterday.  Please thank those who voted against and
ask them to do the same on Interior.  Urge those who voted for it, to
"redeem" themselves by voting against the Interior bill.  And those in Rep.
Camp's district, figure out where he was for yesterday's vote and ask him to
vote against Interior.

Yays: Knollberg, Smith, Hoekstra
Nos: Barcia, Kildee, Kilpatrick, Levin, Conyers, Stabenow, Stupak, Dingell,
Ehlers,             Upton, Rivers, and Bonior
Not voting: Camp

Special attention should be placed on thanking Rep. Ehlers and Upton for
crossing party lines in a vote where only 17 Republicans voted NO.  Urge
them to continue to stand tall and vote NO again.

ACTION:  Call your Representative and urge them to vote NO on Interior
Appropriations. 202-224-3121.

Thanks for all your help!  They are definitely hearing us.  This fight is
illustrating the true power of the grassroots!

Liz Godfrey
Midwest Federal Organizer
GREEN-the GrassRoots Environmental Effectiveness Network
(608) 294-1338
www.defenders.org/grnhome.html
www.stopextinction.org
"The extinction of species is the folly our descendants are least likely to
forgive us."
--E.O. Wilson