E-M:/ Yvon Chouinard

Enviro-Mich message from Anne Stanton <anne@mlui.org>

Hi folks,

Yvon Chouinard, mountaineer extraordinaire and president of Patagonia, is
coming to Traverse City on Thursday. He's speaking on behalf of the
Michigan Land Use Institute at a fund-raising dinner at the Waterfront Inn
in Traverse City, 7-9 p.m. His topic is why it pays for business to give
back to the land. The purpose of the speech is that businesses need to get
ACTIVELY involved in land-use planning, particularly because northwest
Michigan is on the threshold of caving in to ugly urban sprawl. It's Yvon's
belief, and our belief, that businesses who profit from the superb natural
resources we have here, should also do their part in protecting them. We
sure hope you can join us and support our work. Cost is $50 a plate, and is
partially tax deductible. If you're interested, please give Alicia Harrison
a call at 231.882.4723, ext. 10. We're also looking for business sponsors
if there's any of you out there who might be interested. Thanks so much! -
Anne Stanton

Outreach Director
616.882.4723, ext. 19
anne@mlui.org