E-M:/ Lansing hearing on MOX issue.

Enviro-Mich message from James Clift <jamesmec@voyager.net>

Representative Stabenow's office has asked me to spread the word on the
hearing regarding plutonium shipments through Michigan. The hearing will
be held:

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 31ST (HALLOWEEN)
from 2 to 3:30 in the MI Library and Historical Center
212 West Allegan, Lansing

Dept of Energy will give a "brief" presentation, with the rest of the
time
available for public participation.

We know this is not the best time for a public hearing but a good
showing would demonstrate true concern with this issue.  There is free
parking on the street in front of the building, and lots behind the
building.

It is my understanding that there will also be a hearing Monday,
November 1
at the Saginaw City Hall from 11am to 1pm.

James Clift
Michigan Environmental Council
119 Pere Marquette, Suite 2A
Lansing, MI 48912