E-M:/ Almost done with the budget battle.

Enviro-Mich message from "Liz Godfrey" <lizgodfrey@prodigy.net>

The Omnibus Appropriations package has just sailed through the House
(unfortunately, I don't have the vote tallies yet.)  The bill now moves to
the Senate where Sen. Byrd is attempting to attach his Mountain Top Mining
rider to the bill.  Other Western Republicans are trying to make the
millsite mining provision worse.  It is important that we flood the offices
of both Senators Abraham and Levin with calls until they vote on the bill.

Call Abraham and Levin and tell them to oppose the Omnibus spending bill
because of anti-environmental riders.  Ask them to also oppose any further
attempts to attach riders.  800-648-3516.

Thank you for your continued vigilance in the defense of America's
environment.

Liz Godfrey
Midwest Federal Organizer
GREEN-the GrassRoots Environmental Effectiveness Network
(608) 294-1338
www.defenders.org/grnhome.html
www.stopextinction.org
"The extinction of species is the folly our descendants are least likely to
forgive us."
--E.O. Wilson