E-M:/ RE: / Message to Detroit on Earthsmartcars

Enviro-Mich message from "Todd Scott" <luckyf@concentric.net>

> NEW YORK CITY (November 30, 1999) - Sending a bottom-line message to
> Detroit in a powerful Internet petition, thousands of consumers are
> pledging to buy earth-friendly, gasoline-electric "hybrid"
> cars if U.S. automakers produce them.

Personally, I'd think a diesel hybrid makes a lot
more sense if you look past the misinformation
on the NRDC's FAQ.  If Washington were to set higher
standards for diesel fuel, the door would be open for
more advanced diesel emission controls, making it an
better choice than gasoline in hybrid designs.

We need to beat on Detroit *and* Washington.

Todd Scott