FWD: Re: E-M:/ Tire incineration at GM

Enviro-Mich message from murchiep@who.ch

Paul,

1)  Do you know anything about this email attached?  Also what are your
thoughts on Power Plants using shredded tires for fuel?  Is it cleaner,
dirtier, cost effective?

2)  Did you receive my email concerning the UN and other job stuff?
Let me know if you didn't and I will resend it.  I have been having
some email problems.

3)  Also, I guess that I went way overboard on my travel budget.  Mary,
obviously has given me her take on the budget situation and my lack of
sensitivity in putting in for such a large amount for travel.  I wanted
to get your sense of the situation.  The way that Mary puts it is that
our budget for grants and the such is a big fat ZERO and that she may
get the travel budget but maybe not.  Are we just going to spend 2000
sitting at our desks doing nothing?!  If you think this is so I would
like to talk to you more (especially in January) about what can be done
by us to help or change the situation or our positions within the
situation.  I want to say that I agree that I put in for too much
(partly becuase I did not have last years numbers to work from and
partly becuase I put down what I thought 'SHOULD'be in there and partly
becuase I overestimated the cost per trip and etc.  I have replied to
Mary apologizing and saying that I will prioritize, cut down and etc.

On a side note I understand that GLNPO has the same budget and maybe
more while everyone else is being cut.  There is no justice.

4)  Things are still going well here.  Lots to tell you when you get
here.  Besides just being in great places, work is also going well.
When do you go to NZ?  Get back?  You must let me know how it goes as
soon as you get back.

Well have a great weekend.  Talk to you soon,
Peter