E-M:/ Text of letter from U.S. attorney re imminent MOX plutonium fuel shipment

Enviro-Mich message from Terry Lodge <tjlodge50@yahoo.com>

    Today, 12/17/99 at 1:21 p.m. EST, U.S. attorney
Robert I. Dodge (616) 436-2402 faxed to Kary Love, my
co-counsel in the MOX plutonium litigation pending in
U.S. District Court in Kalamazoo the following
response to our request that the U.S. Department of
Energy forebear from shipping its MOX contribution to
Canada as part of the Parallex Project:

   RE: Hirt v. Richardson, No. 1:99CV933 (Judge
Enslen)

Dear Mr. Love:

I received your letter dated today requesting that
"DOE voluntarily agree not to ship the Parallex
Shipment pending trial on the merits," and I have
forwarded it to Mr. William Dennison of DOE's Office
of General Counsel.

I am confident that the approriate officials within
DOE will consider your request. You should be aware,
however, that the Court's decision denying the
preliminary injunction removes any legal obstacle to
the shipment of the Parallex test fuel rods. And
although I have no information on the precise timing
of that shipment, it could occur as early as today.

Very truly yours,

Robert I. Dodge
Assistant United States Attorney