E-M:/ FW: LWCF Sign-On letter to President Clinton

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

Most of you are familiar with the Land and Water Conservation Fund--federal
funding from oil and gas leases on state-owned land.  Congressmen Dale
Kildee and John Dingell have been leaders in getting this initiative through
Congress.  In addition to its broad conservation implications nationwide, it
means millions of dollars in conservation investment here in Michigan.  And
the benefits of these funds can be found in literally every congressional
district in the state.  This legislation has had the public support of 49
state governors (guess which one has not come out and supported it?).  An
outpouring of institutional and individual support from Michigan will show
that conservation of our fragile landscape remains a core value for those of
us who have the privilege of living in the Great Lakes state.  Read to the
end and take the action requested.  It will be of tremendous help.

Tom
Tom, Anne, Nate and Pete Woiwode
5088 Powell Road
Okemos, MI 48864