E-M:/ DEQ's clean corporate citizen program

Enviro-Mich message from cnoga@record-eagle.com (Noga, Cari)

Does anyone know someone thoughtful/knowledgeable who could weigh in on whether this program - shorthandedly known as C3 or 3C - is of any real benefit to the environment? I recall some controversy earlier this year or last year when WEPCO plant in Marquette got the distinction. Have flaps arisen over other the selection of other businesses? Is the program a good idea or bad idea, or a good idea poorly applied, or something else?
I'm a newspaper reporter at the Traverse City Record-Eagle doing a story on a regional power plant that recently got the designation. Am working on a 5 p.m. deadline Monday, 12/27. You can email me, cnoga@record-eagle.com, or phone directly at 231/933-1428.
Thanks for prompt response.
Cari Noga