E-M:/ FW: / FW: Fwd: LWCF President Sign-on Extension

Enviro-Mich message from "Tom & Anne Woiwode" <woiwode@voyager.net>

Friends,

Attached is a message sent to me by Dan Beattie, Congressman John Dingell's
chief legislative analyst.  As most of you know, Congressman Dingell has
taken the lead on legislation that support the president's Land Legacy
Program, and is quite supportive of creating mechanisms to fully fund the
Land and Water Conservation Fund.  Dan has been (one of the) principal
negotiators in the crafting of such legislation.

You may have noticed in an earlier message from Doug Cornett that virtually
every major conservation or environmental organization with any kind of
legislative program has come out in support of CARA.  However, the
legislation is still wending it's way through Congress; and you'll see by
the memo from Dan Beattie that he invites comment and recommendations for
any changes that might strengthen the legislation.

I've had the pleasure of working with Dan for a number of years on a variety
of issues and have found him to quite receptive to any thoughts that might,
through congressional action, improve our environment.  I encourage you to
communicate directly with Dan if you have any ideas as to how the pending
legislation can be made more environmentally beneficial.

You may also want to correspond with Peter McKeever (HeartlakeC@aol.com),
who is working with AHR to craft legislation that would fully fund the LWCF.
Peter, too, will be happy to respond to any questions you may have about the
implications of various legislative proposals.

Tom
Tom, Anne, Nate and Pete Woiwode
5088 Powell Road
Okemos, MI 48864