Re: E-M:/ LWCF sign-on letter - DO NOT SIGN!!

Enviro-Mich message from Doug Cornett <drcornet@up.net>

Alex:

You'll find the below statement within the text of the message I sent:

NOTE:  This post is Michigan-specific because Michigan would receive at
least $13 million annually for conservation projects from the legislation.

Additionally, you'll find at least one Michigan organization - Michigan
Mountain Biking Association - listed in the text.

Are you trying to censor me on my views?  The LWCF/CARA compromise bill
will effect EVERY citizen in Michigan as well as EVERY citizen in the US.
How?  By providing funds to local, state and federal conservation and
recreation programs across Michigan and all other states.  Why is this not
Michigan-specific?

I DO NOT support this legislation, as it now stands.  Neither does the
Sierra Club, which was fraudulently listed by AHR on its web site as a
supporter of the bill.

Have you sent this OFF TOPIC message to Tom Woiwode - who supports the
bill, as it now stands?

Sincerely,

Doug Cornett