E-M:/ new contact info for the Detroit Free Press

Enviro-Mich message from "Askari, Emilia" <askari@freepress.com>

I'd like to alert enviro-michers to some changes at the Free Press. I
(Emilia Askari) have been promoted from the job of environment writer to a
new enterprise reporting team. In that role, I hope eventually to have the
time and space to write better stories about the environment and other
topics. My editors plan to replace me on the environment beat some time this
year. Meanwhile, I am delighted that a few people on the paper's staff have
expressed interest in writing about environmental issues from time to time.
I am forwarding them lots of ideas from this list.

At my request, I have moved my desk to the paper's Oakland County bureau so
I can walk to work. I continue to work part-time (usually M-W) and expect to
take maternity leave in April with the birth of my second child. My new work
address is:

 Detroit Free Press
 Suite 400, Washington Square Plaza
 306 S. Washington
 Royal Oak, MI 48067 Suite 400, Washington Square Plaza
 306 S. Washington
 Royal Oak, MI 48067
 Phone: 248-586-2606 // FAX 248-586-2620
 askari@freepress.com // www.freep.com
 Toll-free number: 800-774-0375

Erin Lee Martin, who used to cover environment issues in Oakland County for
the Free Press, is currently on maternity leave and will return to a
different job at the paper if she wants. She has been replaced this week by
Sally Farhat.

Sally's address, FAX and toll-free number are the same as mine. Sally's
direct phone number is 248-591-5630. Her e-mail address is
farhat@freepress.com

Both Sally and I are eager for story ideas, feedback and suggestions. We
look forward to hearing from you.

Emilia