Re: E-M:/ Another Mall???

Enviro-Mich message from "Jen Pozniak" <pozniakj@semcog.org>

That's a good idea, but my thought is that we do not need another mall in that area. It makes no sense to me.

>>> "Karen D. Kendrick-Hands" <kdkhands@voyager.net> 01/21/00 12:39PM >>>
My first thought is that the NOVI town fathers should be precluded from
doing any more development untill they have allowed their electorate to
vote on participating in SMART. Right now That region gets no regional bus
service, and a great opportunitiy ot match willing Detroit workers, and
underserved NOVI employers is being lost.  Maybe the merchants who are
chronically understaffed could join forces against more competition for
both customers and employees unless transit was part of the planning.
Karen

At 10:46 AM 1/21/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Enviro-Mich message from "Jen Pozniak" <pozniakj@semcog.org>
>
>Did anyone read in the Detroit Free Press about the developer, who's name
escapes me now, that has agreed to pay to widen 12 Mile Rd. west of Novi
Rd. to Dixon Rd. and who plans on building ANOTHER mall at that location.
It would be adjacent to the current West Oaks and West Oaks II Malls, and
of course across Novi Rd. lies Twelve Oaks Mall and Novi Town Center. Also,
there is a condominium complex going up across the street, on the north
side of Twelve Mile Rd.  This IS the headwaters of the Rouge River. I was
just wondering if anyone has any thoughts, comments, or inside information
regarding this. Does anyone on the list live in this area?  I grew up in
that area and currently live in Wixom, just to the northwest of Novi and
Walled Lake. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

>Jen Pozniak

enviro-mich"

Karen D. Kendrick-Hands
Air Policy Director,
East Michigan Environmental Action Council
Co-founder, Transportation Riders United
1067 Devonshire Road
GRosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
313.885.7588, fax 313.885.7883
kdkhands@voyager.net

If you don't ask the right questions, you will never get to the right
answers . . .