E-M:/ environmental newbie needs details

Enviro-Mich message from Rick Stahlhut <stahlhut@net-link.net>

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to put together a document summarizing a number of
state/local environmental issues.  There are two items I've been told
about that sound important, but I don't have any details.

1) I've been told that in recent years, the staffing of the DEQ has been
decimated.  True?  Details?
2) I've also been told that there is a lead poisoning prevention laws
that "aren't being enforced".  True?  Details?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

-- Rick