Re: E-M:/ Humbug Marsh

Enviro-Mich message from "Thom Peterson" <PetersonT@grps.k12.mi.us>

I agree with Jack Smiley on both counts.

It is not enough to stop one proposal. A positive action to permanently protect the marsh is needed.

At some point our society will more generally recognize that the restoration of habitat is an important priority distinctly different from the preservation of habitat. Some areas will be easier than others, some will be more important than others. As these restoration projects are identified and tackled, this issue will become more commonly understood.

Thom Peterson
West Michigan Environmental Action Council