E-M:/ MDOT calls Capacity expansion -"Maintenance and Repair"

Enviro-Mich message from "Karen D. Kendrick-Hands" <kdkhands@voyager.net>

Free Press Story on MDOT's Road and Bridge plan:  How dare they call
doubling the capacity of M-59 and extension of the Haggerty connector
"Maintenance and Repair?" This is NEW CONSTRUCTION and an engine for
sprawl. We must make sure that ACT 51's new version requires more honest
characterization of how MDOT spends our money! And not a whisper about the
role of transit . . . . . .

http://www.freep.com/news/metro/mdot25_20000125.htm
Karen D. Kendrick-Hands
Air Policy Director,
East Michigan Environmental Action Council
Co-founder, Transportation Riders United
1067 Devonshire Road
GRosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
313.885.7588, fax 313.885.7883
kdkhands@voyager.net

If you don't ask the right questions, you will never get to the right
answers . . .