E-M:/ CHEJ seeks communities fighting contaminated schools

Enviro-Mich message from Tracey Easthope <tracey@ecocenter.org>

Has your community been fighting to prevent a school from being built on
a landfill? Has parents in your area been trying to clean up or shut
down a school located in a dangerously polluted area? As part of our
work on Childproofing Communities, CHEJ is looking for information on
schools proposed for or already located on contaminated sites. Please
send us your story, along with newsletters, flyers, news clippings, and
any other information, to the attention of:
Lois Gibbs
Childproofing Communities
Center for Health, Environment and Justice
PO Box 6806
Falls Church VA 22040

Sent Feb. 3, 2000
Please feel free to forward to other lists and contacts through April
2000. We are looking especially, but not solely, for communities in the
USA.
--
Larry Yates
Organizer
Center for Health, Environment & Justice
P.O. Box 6806
Falls Church, VA 22040
(703) 237-2249
lyates@essential.org
For information on PCBs, go to
http://www.ipen.org/pcb_workinggroup.htm
------------------------------
The Center for Health, Environment and Justice was founded in 1981 by
Lois Marie Gibbs, leader of the Love Canal effort. CHEJ assists local
people to become empowered to protect their communities from
environmental threats. We are supported in part by our membership. If
you are interested in joining or contributing to CHEJ, membership dues
are $30 per year. You'll receive our quarterly magazine, Everyone's
Backyard.

>From the primaries to the mosh pits, get updates on the
U.S. presidential race by joining our Politics list!
http://www.topica.com/lists/politics