E-M:/ RE: / HSUS Scorecards

Enviro-Mich message from Jeff Irwin <lcvefmi@worldnet.att.net>

50% on issues of animal protection, I would like to refer E-M subscribers
to Abraham's pitiful LCV Score of 0 (see
http://scorecard.lcv.org/member.cfm?id=3519).  There can be no doubt about
Senator Abraham's consistant ignorance of our environment.

More importantly, I find it troubling the manner in which the Humane
Society's score for Sen. Abraham was presented here on E-M.  For one, HSUS
Scorecards only consider 4 votes to tabulate their scores.  Therefore, it
would be more accurate to compare Spencer Abraham's 50% score with the
senior Senator Levin's score of 100%.  It would be more accurate to focus
on Senator Abraham's inhumane support of steel jaw traps and his reluctance
to oppose bear poaching and the international trade of bear viscera.  It
would be more accurate to expose Abraham's 50% support for inhumane
trapping and poaching than to applaud his half-hearted support of animal
rights.

Typing Abraham as animal or conservation friendly is misleading and it will
be the task of this community to illuminate the record of Senator Abraham
when it comes to protecting our precious resources.

Thank You,

Jeff Irwin
League of Conservation Voters
117 N. Division