Re: E-M:/ UPM-Kymmene to Buy Champion

Greetings,

I have been forwarded the following information regarding Champion operations
in Michigan. The 2882 jobs per country figure I started with, divided by the
apprx. 7 states Champion operates in the US, is 411 jobs per state. 450 at
the Michigan Quinnessec mill. They also own at least 100,000 acres in
Tennessee.

Murray Dailey

Champion has most of their operations in
just a handful of states.    Michigan, Connecticut, Florida, Maine, Texas
and possibly Georgia....maybe a few others.

There are about 450 jobs at the Quinnessec mill and most of those will
probably stay.   Connecticut will be the big looser (where Champion has
their corporate offices).