E-M:/ Forest Workshop, 3/25

     The Southeast Michigan Group of the Sierra Club presents:
     An Introduction to Michigan's Forests
     presented by Marvin Roberson and Anne Woiwode
     of the Sierra Club's Michigan Forest Biodiversity Program
     Kensington Metropark Nature Center
     Saturday, MARCH 25         9:15a.m. to 3:30 p.m
     $10 fee includes lunch  ( $3 entrance fee to the Metropark is
     separate)

        Michigan's Forests are a remarkable resource.  Every year, however,
     pressure builds to cut more timber, to convert wild lands to
     developments from golf courses to strip malls, and put more
     recreational, oil and gas and other demands on our public forests. This
     INTRODUCTION OF MICHIGAN'S FORESTS will give your an overview of the
     history of our forests, both ecologically and politically.  You'll
     learn about the agencies and people who manage our public forests.
     You'll also learn about how YOU can help shape decisions that effect
     our public forests.

     Lunch is included as part of the fee, and in the afternoon we'll enjoy
     the forests of the Metropark with a hike while we continue our
     discussions.

     RSVP REQUIRED: Please send your reservation and $10 check per person
     BY MARCH 22 to Sierra Club, 300 N. Washington Square, Suite 411,
     Lansing, MI 48933, or call (517)-484-2372 or email
     anne.woiwode@sierraclub.org for more information.  Include your name,
     address and phone number, and make the check out to "Sierra Club".