Re: E-M:/ Snowmobiles and ORV's

Enviro-Mich message from "Jim Fackert" <jfackert@cac.net>

Anne said:
>      One of the people talked to by the author of the article, is George
>      Buchner, who devoted huge amounts of time, resources and energy
>      several years ago to trying to get Michigan to adopt rational
policies
>      regarding ORV's..

George's intense efforts got the MUCC to change from ORV advocates to ORV
opponents.  MUCC courted ORV clubs as members and went to bat for them in
fighting for more land for ORV activities.   MUCC swinging to the "must
control and limit destruction" side really opened the door for the critical
"closed unless posted open" policy.  I am sorry to hear that he has left the
state after all his hard work to improve and protect it!

Jim Fackert