E-M:/ Fw: Watershed Interpretation Assistance

Enviro-Mich message from kbrown@wnol.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Scott <smcewen@freeway.net>
To: <mrn-list@glhabitat.org>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 3:56 PM
Subject: Watershed Interpretation Assistance

Can anyone help this individual?

Thanks,
Scott McEwen

**********

Watershed Interpretation Assistance

I am searching, unsuccessfully so far, for a Watershed Interpretive Center.
I am the Park Manager of Sterling Forest State Park in New York State.  We
will be constructing a 2 million-dollar visitor center and I am looking for
places to benchmark with.  The most significant reason this 17,000 acre, and
growing, park was purchased is to protect the watershed. Several million
residents drink water coming from the park. I am looking for ideas for
exhibits and activities for our new visitor center. Such as a non-point
pollution exhibit.  I want to know what works and what does not work with
having to "re-invent the wheel".

If you know of any Watershed Interpretive Centers, or know of any resources
that may us assist us, please send me an e-mail.

James.Gell@oprhp.state.ny.us

Thank you.

Jim Gell