Re: E-M:/ TRI Data - Utilities top the list

Enviro-Mich message from James Clift <jamesmec@voyager.net>

Bryan,

All I ask for is a MDEQ that will be honest with the people of the state. What concerns me is that a department charged with protecting the environmental health of our state that thinks the release and transfer (to who knows where) of 538 million pounds of toxic chemicals is "good news".  Honestly, the number scares me.  Am I a pessimist?  No, I think with technology currently
available we can significantly reduce our use of toxic chemicals.   I just wish my state government pushed a little harder on "feasible and prudent" alternatives. Actually, I optimistic that one day it will.

James Clift