E-M:/ Michigan Chapter of REP America

Enviro-Mich message from "Tamilyn H. Sanderson" <sirdufus@freeway.net>

PRESS RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                              March 27,
2000

Contact:  Tamilyn H. Sanderson                                Greg Ostrander
P.O. Box 2461
repamerica@hotmail.com
Petoskey, MI  49770
231-348-2685
michrep@freeway.net

              REP AMERICA MICHIGAN CHARTER OBTAINS CHAPTER STATUS
                                           “Greening up the GOP in Michigan”

REP America, the national grassroots organization of Republicans for
Environmental Protection, has officially made its Michigan charter an
official chapter of the national organization.  With the goal of restoring
the environmentally minded traditions of such Republican leaders as Teddy
Roosevelt and Barry Goldwater back to their party, REP America seeks to
educate both the public and politicians about the need to protect our
environment and conserve our natural resources.  Formed in 1995, the group
is made up of individuals who ascribe to the great conservative principles
of the GOP but who also feel that there is nothing more conservative than
conservation.  REP America members are among the majority of Republicans and
other voters, who would like to conserve, not squander, our natural
resources and communities.

Tamilyn H. Sanderson, President of the Michigan Chapter, states “I am
excited to see the Michigan group grow and achieve chapter status, now we
can be a real force in Michigan.”  The group is looking forward to showing
the Michigan Republican leadership that not only is the majority of its
constituency in favor of better environmental standards, but that it is a
winning platform for the party in the upcoming elections as well.  “We feel
that the environment is an issue that many Republican politicians are
vulnerable on, and we would like to see them improve their track record not
only to improve our state’s air and water, but to retain their political
control in Michigan as well.  The Republican establishment is becoming aware
of this, and we are starting to see of a commitment to the lands of
Michigan, its Great Lake, and its people.  With the help of REP America we
can get them to do even more.”

Other leadership positions in the new Michigan Chapter are Greg Ostrander,
Vice President, and Jon Stinson, Secretary/Treasurer.  For more information
on the national organization, contact Dr. Martha Marks at MarREP@aol.com,
Tamilyn H. Sanderson at michrep@freeway.net, or visit the website at
www.repamerica.org.