E-M:/ Protect Endangered Forests! Protest Centex Homes and 84 Lumber's use of Old Growth and other endangered trees

Enviro-Mich message from "Frank Ambrose" <fambrose@bloomington.in.us>

National Day of Action for Old Growth Forests!
Saturday April 1, 2000

We're just a few weeks away from the National Day of Action against Home
Builders Centex Corporation and Home Improvement Retailer, 84 Lumber. On
Saturday, April 1st these corporations need to hear from YOU!

Recently, another Home Building Monolith, Kaufman and Broad agreed to not
use wood that comes from Endangered Forests such as our National Forests, or
the Rainforests. Our actions are making a HUGE difference. We now have the
opportunity to make two more leading corporations more responsible in their
purchasing processes. Students from Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Illinois
have played a key role so far, so lets keep the good work up.

You can find out where Centex's nearest sprawling development is by going to
http://www.centexhomes.com/main.asp

Or call them toll free:
Centex Homes     1-800-Centex1
(there are more phone numbers and fax numbers below for Centex)

84 Lumber stores near you can be found at:
http://www.84lumber.com/Stores/main.htm
(there are more phone numbers and fax numbers below for 84 Lumber)

 If neither of these companies are building near you, THE FORESTS STILL NEED
YOUR HELP ON APRIL 1! Consider doing a call-in, fax-in or letterwriting
table on campus, or in your community.

Centex Corporation's CEO is Laurence E. Hirsch.  His fax # is 214 981 6859.

"Centex Corporation" is the parent of "Centex Homes."  The CEO of "Centex
Homes"
is Timothy R. Eller.  His personal fax # is 214 981 6002.

84 Lumber's Contact:
Ms. Margaret Hardy Magerko,
President, 84 Lumber,
Phone: 724-223-8400
Fax: 724-228-9457

If you want to do an action this day, please contact me at
fambrose@bloomington.in.us, or 812-337-1631. I have "Action Packets" with
fliers, sample press releases, etc.
The day of action is this Saturday, so it is short turn around time. Please
get out and make a difference!