E-M:/ Action In Lansing

What: Mass Action in Lansing

When: Wednesday, April 12, 2000, 10:00 am to
      2:00 pm.

Where:Start out at St Mary Cathedral Parish
      Hall, 219 Seymour (just N. of Capitol
      Bldg.)

Why:  To demonstrate our support for balanced
      and equitable funding for public
      transportation in Michigan.

We are joining up with M.O.S.E.S.to protest the
disproportionate amount of our tax money that is being
spent on road construction. As environmentalists, we
want more money spent on mass transit - in Detroit and
throughout our state.

Too much money is being spent on road construction. New
roads destroy farms, fields, wetlands, forests, and help
create even more urban sprawl. And, mass transit is a
step in reducing air pollution.

Agenda: 10:00 Gather at St, Mary Cathedral Parish Hall
        10:30 Orientation
        11:00 Visit our legislators
        12:00 Mass meeting
        12:30 Lunch
         1:00 M.O.S.E.S.address House

Please join us - we need your participation! Please contact
me if you will be there.

Thanks and best regards,

Bob Duda - Southeast Mich. Group of the Sierra Club