Re[2]: E-M:/ Lake levels/wells

Eric -- I think I can answer that -- because the recreational boating
community and the marina owners have done a HEAVY lobbying job on the
leglislature and the administration.  Their influence has been pervasive
throughout the NRC meetings and the Legislature.  I appreciate Steve's
explanation and work, and want to make sure we appreciate the line
between the folks who do the work and the folks who set the policies.
Anne Woiwode

Enviro-Mich message from "Eric Uram" <eric.uram@sierraclub.org>

Steve,

If this is true, why is Governor Engler committing
$14 million of taxpayer funds for dredging boat
landings, canals and marinas on the Great Lakes
during spawning season?  All without adequate
review of the potential consequences or details
regarding the sites to be dredged.

Eric Uram
Sierra Club Midwest Office
214 North Henry Street Suite 203