E-M:/ Hog farming and wetlands

Enviro-Mich message from "Robert Browne" <truegreen01@hotmail.com>

Hello all!

I have heard that Ottawa County is working on a project to construct
wetlands for the specific purpose of "addressing" or disposing (for lack of
a better descriptive word) of hog manure.  It appears that the wetland would
filter out the manure in a bio/enviro acceptable way.  Apparently they are
looking for some state $ to start a pilot demonstration.

I have heard other states have attempted this with limited success.  Can
anyone shed any light on this?  Does this work?  Do you have any suggested
contacts or reading material that I might learn more?

Thank you for your consideration and go green!  (besides MSU winning)

-Robert