E-M:/ looking for a full-time job in MI

Enviro-Mich message from "Matthew Preisser" <mcpreisser@hotmail.com>

Greetings!

I am looking to relocate to southeastern Michigan, and have been seeking a
mid-level biologist/ ecologist/ environmental scientist or manager job.  If
you are interested in learning more about a prospective job applicant,
please read on...if not, sorry to take up your time!

I hold a Master of Environmental Management (focusing on ecology and
conservation biology) from Duke (1998) and a Bachelor of Science (in
biology) from Bucknell (1996).  My graduate degree involved a very diverse
coursework, including classes in biodiversity conservation, environmental
impact assessment, wetlands ecology/management, population ecology,
ecosystem management, and forest ecology.  Many other classes, ranging from
land use planning to conservation policy and resource economics, rounded out
my management degree.

Currently, I work for an environmental consulting firm where I conduct a
variety of tasks pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA),
Endangered Species Act, and Clean Water Act.

I have had several rewarding internships as well.  I have worked summers
with the Smithsonian Institution (animal surveys, GIS, GPS), the Marine
Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole (estuarine ecology, field surveys), and
with a major utility company, where I sought ways to enhance the
conservation of species on the company lands and waters.

If anyone feels that their organization may be looking to hire in the
near future, or knows of organizations that are hiring, please contact me
and I could gladly provide you with a full resume.  I am aiming at
non-profit environmental organizations or respected environmental consulting
firms, but would welcome the chance to talk with other groups.

Thank you!

Matt Preisser
mcpreisser@hotmail.com