E-M:/ Prevent Riders before they happen!

Enviro-Mich message from "Liz Godfrey" <lizgodfrey@prodigy.net>

Hello all!

I am sure that last fall you became very tired of the weekly action alerts
asking you to contact your Representatives asking them to oppose
anti-environmental riders. (A rider is unrelated legislation attached to a
budget bill without public debate.)  Thankfully, this year House Democrats
are hoping
to prevent the rider debates before they even start.  There is a "Dear
Colleague" letter circulating on Capitol Hill requesting a rider-free
Appropriations season.  The letter is being sponsored in part by Michigan's
own David Bonior.  Hopefully, the rest of the Michigan delegation will sign
on as well.

Please make calls to Conyers, Kildee, Kilpatrick, Levin, Rivers, Stabenow,
and Stupak.  Thank them for signing a similar letter last year and request
that they sign on again.  Calls should also be made to Representative
Dingell who did not sign on last year.  You can use the Capitol Switchboard
at 202-224-3121.

Prevention is the best medicine!

Liz Godfrey
Midwest Federal Organizer
GREEN-the GrassRoots Environmental Effectiveness Network
(608) 294-1338
www.defenders.org/grnhome.html
www.stopextinction.org
"The extinction of species is the folly our descendants are least likely to
forgive us."
--E.O. Wilson