E-M:/ president of world bank visits MSU

Enviro-Mich message from Milek28@aol.com

Thought this might be of interest to some.  The president of the World Bank
will be speaking at MSU's commencment may 5th.  Attempting to biuld on the
momentum of D.C. and Seatle, a meeting was held Monday night at the MSU union
to discuss tactics for a protest.  About 60 folks attended and commitees were
set up to:
1.get permission for a legal demonstration at Munn field
 a.handle logistics of sound system and what not for said demonstration
2. handle media considerations
3.  handle banner and sign making
4. discuss and facilitate direct action
5. coordinate a senior walk out or some similar act during Wolfensen's speech.
/6. plan a teach in
There were other commitees and what not and, I got the idea that people were
really going to rock and roll during the next 2 weeks and make this a
powerful event.
We will be meeting again 8pm Monday night in the basement cafeteria of the
MSU union.
Spread the word,
Mike McCurdy