Re: E-M:/ Fires in Wetlands a concern too!

Enviro-Mich message from "Frank Ambrose" <fambrose@bloomington.in.us>

Folks,

To chime in on the fire danger...Beware, the government agencies are going
to want to do timber sales to "reduce fire danger." In fact, they have
released a notice for at least one sale that has that as a stated goal. I
will post about this sale later.

What you all should know is that logging actually increases fire risk. There
is more dead, fine fuel matter after a log job (all the tops are still on
the ground, and dead now). This allows hot fires to start, and spread
quickly. The best solution to a fire "problem" is to do prescribed fires at
appropriate times of the years, and to allow wildfires to burn themselves
out.

Thought I would throw that out as some relevant information.

Frank