E-M:/ FYI - Breast Cancer Fund Event

Enviro-Mich message from anne l-g <aleavitt@umich.edu>

I am writing to invite you to a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Fund, to
be held on June 4, 2000 at 7:00 PM at the University of Michigan Hillel,
1429 Hill Street, Ann Arbor.  Please join me for an inspiring evening in
support of women (3 who are local to southeast Michigan) who are climbing
mountains, both literally and figuratively, to raise hope, awareness, and
money to fight a disease that claims 40,000 precious lives each year. The
evening will include music and food in addition to a showing of the award
winning documentary "Climb Against The Odds" -- the powerful story of 12
women who battle both cancer and 20,000 foot high Mount McKinley.
Speakers at this event will include Iris Lancaster, one of the McKinley
climbers, as well as Diane Matsumoto and Gail Mahoney-Sherrod, who will
accompany Lancaster on a climb of Japan's Mount Fuji this August.

For those of you not familiar with The Breast Cancer Fund, it is a
national nonprofit organization, founded in 1992 to innovate and
accelerate the response to the breast cancer epidemic. Its mission is to
end breast cancer through research, action, and policy initiatives that
support (1) replacement of mammography with safer, more reliable detection
methods, (2) non-toxic treatments, (3) elimination of preventable causes
of the disease, including those in the environment, and (4) access to the
best available medical care and information for everyone. The Fund creates
awareness and funding through mountain climbs and physical challenges, art
exhibits, films and cutting edge advocacy campaigns, conferences and
educational materials.  More information is available at their website
(www.breastcancerfund.org).

The only way we can change the course of this epidemic is one step at a
time, with support from our friends. Tickets are $25.00, $50.00 (which
includes a Breast Cancer Fund t-shirt), and $100.00 (which includes a
prayer flag that will be sent up Mt. Fuji) from the upcoming Mt Fuji
climb. All contributions are tax deductible. To purchase tickets, please
write a check to The Breast Cancer Fund, and send it with your name,
address and the number of tickets it is for, to: Climb 2000, Anne
Leavitt-Gruberger, 219 Chapin #3, Ann Arbor, MI, 48103. If you cannot
attend on June 4th, please consider making a contribution to The Fund on
behalf of the Michigan climb team. For more information, you can call me
at 734-747-8851 or you can email me at aleavitt@umich.edu.  And even
better, please feel free to pass this invitation along to your friends
that you think would be interested in attending.

Hope to see you there!

Anne Leavitt-Gruberger