E-M:/ Thornapple River Spring Festival

Enviro-Mich message from "thornapple river" <thornapple@hotmail.com>

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Vines/6046/cleanup2000.html

Join us for the Thornapple River Spring Festival in Hastings, Barry County,
from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Riverbank cleanup in Hastings, 8 a.m. to noon!  Free t-shirts for
volunteers! Coffee, food and refreshments will be available to sustain those
in the cleanup crew.

>From 11 a.m. until 5 p.m., the THORNAPPLE RIVER SPRING FESTIVAL will take
place, with the Thornapple River Ramblers, exhibits from West Michigan
Environmental Action Council, Barry County Water Quality Action Committee,
Hastings Historicl Society, Thornapple River Watershed Group, Michigan
Natural Features Inventory, and other attractions. We plan to have displays
of the Hastings Riverwalk plans and the new Hastings Library. A piggy roast
is in the works for the lunch for our volunteers. Please join in the fun!

Tyden Park is on Broadway (M-43) at the Thornapple River in Hastings.

This is the first event ever to celebrate the Thornapple River!

See website address for more information.

"The mission of the Thornapple River Watershed Group is to protect the
ecology of the Thornapple River and its tributaries."

Patricia Pennell
Director of Educational Programs
616-891-8817
fax 616-891-9820