E-M:/ manufactured housing

To All,
In my response to Laura (and others on these lists) I forgot to clarify what, at least 2 of the bills are attempting to do, so I will do that now.
One bill (don't have any numbers yet) would "send financial aid to school district dealing with enrollment increases from new manufactured home developments" (note: nothing said about those schools struggling now with the new developments, I guess we will simply pass bonds to build new schools for this growth....another  piece of farmland bites the dust).  The second piece is probably the most important, it will "add more local government representation on the state Manufactured Housing Commission, which oversees state regulators.  The 11 member commission, appointed by the governor, sets construction rules and other guidelines for manufactured homes,and rules on "disputes"(added quotation, dispute would indicate that both sides are heard and given credence to, this rarely happens- the developer generally wins) between developer and local governments.By law it includes one locally elected official and five industry reps.  Critics say that gives the industry too much influence." (No-DUH).
I really hope people get involved on this issue, it won't be changed if only residents who are battling a mobile home developer right now are the only ones to speak out.
Again, I think environmental organizations can do a lot to make in-roads on this.  The Sierra club is another group that would be able to reach their members and ask them to contact their representative, as well as Rep. Garcia, and Scranton.  I know they are making sprawl a concern of theirs.
Communities that are hit with these should be nominated as the "poster child" of sprawl.
I will keep you posted on this.
Jennie