Re: E-M:/ MEC Capitol Update - Deregulation of Electric Utilities

Enviro-Mich message from Art Toy <arttoy@net-link.net>

Dear Enviro-Mich Readers.

If it is of any interest, the chair of the House Energy and Technology Committee
is  Mary Ann Middaugh, [R] from the 80th District which encompasses all of Van
Buren County and the upper half of Cass County. [Look at the lower left hand
portion of your right hand with the palm facing you for the location of the 80th
District.]

I mention this for three reasons. First, the Palisades Nuclear power plant is
located on the western portion of Van Buren county near South Haven on the shores
of Lake Michigan.

Second, Pacific Gas & Electric [PG&E] is looking into locating a gas fired power
plant near by to take advantage of the transmission line currently serving the
Palisades Plant [you may remember that PG&E was featured most prominently in the
motion picture "Erin Brockovich".

Third, I ran for the 80th District as the Democratic Candidate in 1998 and will do
so again in 2000. I would be most grateful for any assistance from the readership
in this race. My web site is at: www.net-link.net/~arttoy/

I am still in the process of updating the site.

Regards, Art Toy