E-M:/ Lake Levels, Diversions, Etc.

Enviro-Mich message from "Martha Waszak" <waszakm@state.mi.us>

Everyone in the Great Lakes basin is concerned about lake levels, diversions and the use of Great Lakes water.  In order to provide historic information and updates on these topics, the Office of the Great Lakes has added some new features to our Internet homepage.  One new link is titled "Statutes, Agreements and Treaties," and provides information on legislation relating to the Great Lakes.  Another link is titled "Great Lakes Water Levels/Uses/Diversions," and provides background information, data on existing diversions and links to other valuable sites relating to these topics.  You can access these useful links at:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/ogl

We would also like to call your attention to another new and exciting website; the Department of Environmental Quality Environmental Education page.  This site provides something for everyone...from games for children, environmental information for students, career development opportunities and teaching materials for teachers, and information on hazardous waste disposal and environmental household practices for the general public; just to name a few.  This will become a site you will want to visit regularly.  The Environmental Education website can be accessed at:

http://www.deq.state.mi.us/enved